Sunday, December 16, 2018

MEASURED

Hard to believe its almost Christmas again.
I haven't been caring for my parents quite three years yet,
but this will be my third Christmas.

Autumn came and went without much fan fair.


I did have a lovely birthday in October
thanks to my sis, Susan.
We ventured to Miss Bobo's,
located in Lynchburg and owned
by Jack Daniels.
Quite a spread!


Otherwise, I've just tried to stay busy.
One project I took on was to do some organization
in my Dad's garage and workshop.
Cleaning out drawers and cabinets,
putting like things together and such.


 Where my Dad and my Uncle James before him
acquired all the STUFF in that garage I'll never know ,
but STUFF we have. The following pictures
of measuring tools is just a glimpse  of the
STUFF.





Now, I'm a crafter and I would love to be
creative enough to come up with ideas using
all these goodies, but my brain just won't
cooperate.  


 I found about 15 to 20 various rulers and yardsticks


and I was able to come up with some Christmas
crafts, thank goodness.


Dad and I worked on this project together.
He drilled the holds at each end and we bolted
them together, I wrapped the lights.
These sticks were interesting,
they were 48 inches long instead of the normal 36 inches.

We mounted it on the outside of the workshop,
we can see it from our back window


and traffic in both directions on the highway
can see it as well.


The other craft I did was this yardstick/ruler
Christmas tree,
thank you Pinterest.

Wishing you a very merry
measuring Christmas.

1 comment: