Thursday, November 30, 2017

CHRISTMAS AT THE FOLKS





 Don't judge me, but I started my Christmas decorating
even before Thanksgiving.
I couldn't help myself, I love to decorate.

I have to tell you decorating here at Mom & Dad's 
is a whole different ballgame.
Back in Johnson City where I was surrounded by the things
that I love and a décor that was personal,
Christmas decorating was a piece of cake.

Here, it must be pondered.

I've used some things that I brought with me
like my white lights and crochet snowflakes.

Wonderful personal gifts like this folded book
from my sister in law, Terry.

 A few things I've made using what I had on hand
or bits and pieces I've picked up at Goodwill or
the thrift shop. This little package garland was made
from some left over scrap booking paper and cardboard.
 I also made a little gingerbread man garland out of some old
brown paper.

I love decorating with nature
it's my favorite.
I put on my walking shoes, get my garden
clippers and see what treasures 
I can find.

Oh, and did I say how easy 
it is when its time to put everything away
after the holidays.
Just dump it in the compost
or back out in the field.

Yea, keep it simple that is my motto here,
spend as little money as possible.
There is so much Christmas stuff out there
in thrift shops why buy new...
just renew.

Tomorrow is December 1st.
lets get our Christmas game on.
Oh and I get to start using my 
Christmas advent calendar tomorrow too,
thank you Susan Okrasinski!




No comments:

Post a Comment