Monday, February 26, 2018

Flower Power

 Do people send flowers anymore?
I guess if you have a large network of friends and family
you might get a few bouquets but walking the halls
at the skilled care facility here at Donalson I don't think its a big
priority for the elderly and their families.
First of all they cost so darn much and many people don't think
they are worth it because they die so quickly.

 I can't say I agree, flowers and cards are always a mood lifter.
My cousin Gay was kind enough to send a lovely arrangement
to my Mom when she first went into the hospital.
She used a local florist called "The Flower House"
and boy do they know what they're doing.
Only yesterday did I have to weed out some of the wilted one,
but still had a nice selection to make a smaller bouquet.


I honestly don't know how much my Mom pays attention to her room décor
but I for one will always want flowers and plants around me
until the day I die,
even if they come from Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment