Wednesday, June 12, 2019

SAYING GOODBYE

 Deloris Irene Davidson
June 12, 1929-May 6, 2019

Today she would have been 90
but her little body said no, 
89 is a very good number.

We had a very simple ceremony
at Valhalla Memory Garden.
The plan was to have only a grave site, 
but the weather wasn't agreeable
and so we held it in the chapel.

 The last two weeks were the roughest
with visits in and out of the emergency and hospital.
Finally when pneumonia set in...
she had had enough.

Over the last month Dad, Cooper and I 
have been trying to figure out what our new
routine will be now that Mom
is not at the center of it.




 Mom left behind some notes of her wishes.
Who she wanted to get certain personal items 
that she cherished.  She had a collection of
 crystal candy dishes she wanted people to have.
She wanted her best friend Wanda to have her
jewelry box and most of the contents.


My Mom loved clothes and she loved buying them.
When I first move here three years ago she had them
in three large closets.  I got rid of many of them then to 
make room for my own and for just peace of mind.
Over the last year she only wore pajamas unless she was
going to the doctors, but still she had tons.
I ended up giving Goodwill about twelve or so bags full.


My next task will be figuring out what to do
with her bedroom.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM
I LOVE YOU


3 comments:

  1. Thank you Nancy for your beautiful tribute to and care of Mom. It's amazing how many little memories of her pop up in my mind everyday. Happy Birthday Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that your mom is looking down and smiling. You did a lot to help take care of your parents. I know that they truly appreciate all of the love and support you have given them over the years. I know that my dad wanted to be there for the services, but couldn't make it.

    Sherri Britt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry. What a good daughter you have been a a blessing to your parents.

    ReplyDelete