Friday, June 24, 2016

BACKYARD BIRDING

Our backyard is alive with birds.
Watching them and naming them is one of our
favorite past times.

We have a great variety of color.
Goldfinch
Cardinals
Bluebirds



Barn Swallows are a new bird for me,
here we watch them soar overhead daily.
Blue jays and robins are always in the mix.


The darling starling
(my father hates)
Martins
(his favorite)
House Finch
(there everywhere, there everywhere)
And an occasional hummingbird.


Lots of sweet Mourning Doves show up at
the bottom of our feeder
and we often see the Turkey Buzzard gliding
overhead.

The Towhee
is a bird I was not familiar with.
I had to identify him using my trusty
The Cornell Lab app
Merlin.
I love it!
You type in:
when you saw it
where you saw it
the size
what it was doing
colors
To my knowledge it hasn't been wrong once.


A couple days ago I added this guy to my
list of siting.
Great Crested Flycatcher

All bird pictures were pulled off Bing Search


No comments:

Post a Comment