Monday, June 13, 2016

A QUIET BIRTHDAY

 Yesterday was Mom's 87th. birthday.


She had a good day and was completely
oblivious to the tragic events
in the news.
I was very envious of her because I was
out of sorts and anxious all day.



I tried out a new recipe from a cookbook
my brother Rick sent me.
I found it very tasty, but not so sure about the folks.



Throughout the day I kept reminding Mom
that the day was her birthday,
and every time it was a surprise to her.
Her response each time.
"Just another day".

When I put her to bed I asked her if she had a good day.
"I had a great day", was her response.
She slept like she always does...
like a baby,
me, not so much.



1 comment:

  1. Very unsettling times for all of us, for lots of reasons. Love to you all and I will see you later this week.

    ReplyDelete