Thursday, June 23, 2016

THE BAKING CHALLENGE

Zucchini Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.
When I saw this cake on Pinterest
I knew I had to make it.

Our little garden is already producing
zucchini and yellow squash
in leaps and bounds.


Cooking and baking has its challenges
here at the folks.
The oven I have to work with is a bit dated.
Uneven heating and a faulty thermostat are only the
beginning of my woes.

Most of the time I rely on our trusty toaster oven.
It usually gets the job done.

Today I had three layers to make
so I had to be creative.
I played musical ovens,
rotating from one to another.

We haven't cut into it yet
but I am chomping at the bit.

Yum Yum!

Since this post was written
my sister Susan, my brother Rick
and my sister-in-law Pat,
have all made this cake.
The official Davidson Cake now.
Definitely a keeper.
See my sister's post here.

1 comment: