Saturday, October 14, 2017

AUTUMN???

 FALL has come to Fayetteville
but you wouldn't know it.
Oh, people have their pumpkins, hay bails
and scarecrows from Walmart, but the temperature outside
is in the eighties...
a little hard to drink your spiced tea with any conviction. 


I've put out my ceramic jack o lantern
but my Summer flowers are doing so well
why should I buy Mums?


Summer, Fall makes no difference to my Mom,
it's all a "pretty day" to her.
So I'm embracing it as well.


 The coneflowers I started from seed in early Summer
have finally decided to bloom.


 This Hyacinth Bean is still going strong
and the purple color works so well
this time of year.


 I've done a bit of clean up in the garden,
still plenty of color.


I have become a big fan of cheap Mums
from Walmart.  I bought four last year and
they are all going strong today.
Take another peek at the first picture,
that was a little eight inch pot that hung out in my garage
over the Winter and I stuck it in the ground
this Spring.  This purple one above lived in it's pot all year 
and now look at her.
You can't beat that!

HAPPY FALL

1 comment: