Thursday, May 19, 2016

HAPPINESS IS A NEW HEARING AID

The joy of hearing again.
What a day...what a week!

We just got back from the hearing clinic.
We came home with three new hearing aids.
One for Mom
and
two for Dad.
Mom can actually hear the TV again,
she can hear the traffic on our busy road,
but best of all she can hear
me.

It has been a bit depressing around here.
Almost two weeks ago we discovered
Moms hearing aid had gone out.
"Post it" notes and lots of hand signals are
well and good, but I can't tell you how happy I am
that she can hear me again.
She is completely deaf in one ear and
severely deaf in the other.

It took so long to get a new one because
her earpiece had to be special ordered.
Her new one is a little smaller,
has better technology
and hopefully, will be simple to operate.

I couldn't end this post without a snapshot
of my dad, after all he got two new ones as well.
I think he is more pleased that the whole process is over
for another few years rather than excited about
new hearing aids.
God bless him.
By the way, he did not drive there,
he is just pulling
the car into the garage.




1 comment: