Friday, April 22, 2016

EARTH DAY



I am celebrating Earth Day
by celebrating my little piece of it.

My Dad and I, with the help of my
sister's persuasion,
have decided to take a little piece
of our backyard and make a
kitchen garden.

We enlisted our next door neighbor to
turn our little plot with his tractor.

Then my Dad and I went to work.
We've been working on it now going on
two weeks.  Using hoes, picks, pitch forks
and such to break up the large chunks
and remove the grass.

My 90 year old Dad then
used his 50 year old hand tractor
to break it up even further.
There is no stopping this man
when he sets his mind to something.

The seed has been purchased
and we are ready
to plant.
Wish us luck!






1 comment:

  1. You and Dad are going to have a GREAT garden. I am looking forward to sharing the bounty!

    ReplyDelete